14 May 2010

Sister Parish Design On Decorating

My husband gave me a bookstore gift card recently and this is one of the books I purchased.  It is written by Susan Bartlett Crater + Libby Cameron and has these amazing watercolor interiors by Mita Bland.  Susan is the granddaughter of Sister Parish of Parish-Hadley Associates.  Just reading the introductions was really inspiring--there were several quotes I want to remember.  Since I just completed my color class where we had to paint interiors, it gives me a better appreciation of the excellence of these watercolors.   A great addition to the library of those who have a love of design.
The book is available from Amazon.
"Creating an imaginative and welcoming refuge for your family and friends, as well as a wonderful diversion from the sometimes tough realities of our world, is a worthwhile pursuit that can only enrich the soul." Susan Bartlett Crater
"After all it is our private worlds that instill us with a sense of comfort, of happiness and peace, and give us pleasure." Libby Cameron

No comments: